The Socialist Campaign Group of Labour Councillors was founded in 2020 by Labour councillors, many of whom initially came together to support Richard Burgon’s deputy leadership campaign.
Cllr Tolga Aramaz, Enfield
Cllr Jumbo Chan, Brent (National Convenor)
Cllr Mahir Demir, Haringey
Cllr Pamela Fitzpatrick, Harrow
Cllr Gabriela Salva Macallan, Tower Hamlets
Cllr Matt Nathan, Islington
Cllr Daniel Stone, Haringey
Cllr Noah Tucker, Haringey
Cllr Omide Deinali, Monk Hesleden (North East)
Cllr Jade Doeswell, Manchester (North West)
Cllr Max Holloway, Welwyn Hatfield (South East and East)
Cllr Bernard Parkes, Portland (South West)
Cllr Andy Platt, Stoke-on-Trent (Midlands)
Cllr Daniel Stone, Haringey (London)
We aim to:
- Build on our proud socialist traditions in local government, whilst organising and agitating for new alternatives to failing capitalism.
- Secure for the workers by hand or by brain the full fruits of their industry and the most equitable distribution thereof that may be possible upon the basis of the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange, and the best obtainable system of popular administration and control of each industry or service.
- Demand and continue to fight for the democratisation of politics and the economy, including campaigning for Open Selection for elected representatives at all levels of the Labour Party.
- Support the work of the Socialist Campaign Group of Labour MPs, trade unions and the wider socialist movement, acting as a conduit for socialist values in local government.
- Mobilise the energy of the multi-generational, multi-racial, class-based movement – brought into the Labour Party by Jeremy Corbyn’s socialist leadership – to effect real political change and achieve socialism in our lifetime.